Aatish Kapadia is an Indian TV director, lyricist, dialogue & screenplay writer, and actor. He is known for writing the screenplay of the popular Star Plus TV serial ‘Khichdi’ (2002).
- 1 Wiki/Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Family
- 4 Career
- 5 Awards
- 6 Favourites
- 7 Facts/Trivia
Aatish Kapadia was born on 30 April in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Taurus. In 1980, he did his schooling at Sarla Sarjan English School, Church Road, Juhu, Mumbai. In 1987, he pursued a Bachelor of Commerce at SVKM’s Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. He then attended K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai, to pursue a Master in Management Studies.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
He belongs to a Gujarati family.
Parents & Siblings
His father owned a textile business. He has a brother named Praveen Kapadia.
Wife & Children
His wife, Alison Kapadia, works at The Indian Express. The couple had an inter-religion marriage. They have a son named Agastya Kapadia.
In 1992, he made his debut as a writer with the Gujarati theatre play ‘Aandhlo Pato.’ The theatre play became very popular and based on the play the Hindi film titled ‘Aankhen’ was released in 2002. Some of his other Gujarati theatre plays as a writer are Action Replay, Ek Bijane Gamta Rahiye, Ladakvaya, and Thank You Kokila.
He has worked as a producer in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Khichdi’ (2002; Star Plus), ‘Baa Bahoo Aur Baby’ (2005; Star Plus), ‘Jasuben Jayantilaal Joshi Ki Joint Family’ (2008; Imagine TV), ‘Mrs. Tendulkar’ (2011; SAB), and ‘Wagle Ki Duniya’ (2021; SAB).
Writer and Director
Aatish has worked as a writer and director in various Gujarati TV serials like Aagantuk, Chhel Chhabila, Bhagya Chakra, and Shodh.
As a writer, he has worked in many Hindi TV serials like ‘Alpviram’ (1998; Sony), ‘Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka’ (1999; Sony), ‘Jasuben Jayantilaal Joshi Ki Joint Family’ (2008; Imagine TV), ‘Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyaar Hum’ (2012; Star Plus), and ‘Pushpa Impossible’ (2022; SAB).
He has penned the lyrics for songs of various Hindi films like ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ (2005) and ‘Commando 2’ (2017).
Writer and Director
He has worked as a writer and director in the Hindi films ‘Khichdi: The Movie’ (2010) and ‘Khichdi 2’ (2023). Some of his other Hindi films as a writer are ‘Mann – Soul’s Heart’ (1999), ‘Josh’ (2000), ‘Yaadein…’ (2001), ‘Aankhen’ (2002), and ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ (2005).
In 2023, Aatish worked as a creator and writer in the Hindi web series ‘Happy Family Conditions Apply,’ which streamed on Amazon Prime Video.
In 2002, he penned a novel titled Resham Dankh.
He has also played supporting roles in various Hindi TV serials. In 2002, he played the role of Jignesh (Jayashree’s younger brother) in the popular Hindi TV series ‘Khichdi.’ In 2002, he became one of the partners in the film and TV production company Hats Off Production.
Indian Television Academy Awards (Hindi TV serials)
- 2005: ITA Technical Award for Best Dialogues for the TV serial Sarabhai vs Sarabhai with Jamnadas Majethia
- 2005: Best Serial – Comedy for the TV serial Sarabhai vs Sarabhai with Jamnadas Majethia
- 2020: Milestone Achievement Award for Khichdi shared with Jamnadas Majethia
- 2020: Milestone Achievement Award for Sarabhai vs Sarabhai shared with Jamnadas Majethia
- 2021: Best Serial – Comedy for Wagle Ki Duniya shared with Jamnadas Majethia
Indian Telly Awards
- 2004: Best Sitcom/Comedy Programme for Khichdi shared with Jamnadas Majethia
- 2023: Best Programme with a Social Message for Wagle Ki Duniya shared with Jamnadas Majethia
IWM Digital Awards
- 2023: Best Dialogues in a Web Series Award for Happy Family Conditions Apply
- In an interview, he shared that during his teenage years, his family went bankrupt from being a wealthy family. After this problems started arising among his family members. To take a break from this, he used to sit near a Champa tree near his home, and there, he used to observe the behaviour of passersby, based on which he framed characters for his theatre plays and TV serials.
- While he was in college, he participated in various inter-college acting competitions.
- In his leisure time, he loves cooking, travelling, and spending time with his family.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and events.
- In 2020, he expressed his disappointment over copying the concept of the Indian TV show Sarabhai vs. Sarabhai by the makers of the Pakistani TV show ‘Chana Jor Garam.’ He said it was good to remake the serial but without taking permission from the original makers was like daylight robbery.
- The Indian actor and TV producer Jamnadas Majethia is one of his best friends and business partner.
Let the article source Aatish Kapadia Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More of website thptbinhthanh.edu.vn