Kim Woo-jin, also known as Woojin, is a South Korean singer and actor. He is known for being a former member of the popular South Korean boy band ‘Stray Kids’ under the record label JYP Entertainment.
- 1 Wiki/Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Family
- 4 Signature/Autograph
- 5 Career
- 6 Controversy
- 7 Awards
- 8 Favourites
- 9 Facts/Trivia
Kim Woo-jin was born on Tuesday, 8 April 1997 (age 26 years; as of 2023) in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. His zodiac sign is Aries. He did his graduation at the School of Performing Arts in Seoul.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40″, Waist: 28″, Biceps: 12″
Parents & Siblings
He has an elder brother.
He is unmarried.
He trained at SM Entertainment for a year and practised with other trainees, who later became part of the South Korean boy band ‘NCT.’ On 11 October 2017, he joined JYP Entertainment as a trainee. He competed in Mnet’s reality survival TV show titled ‘Stray Kids,’ where he aimed to become a vocalist in a new boy group formed by JYP Entertainment, also named ‘Stray Kids.’
The group was confirmed to have nine members in the final episode of the show, and they released their pre-debut mini-album, ‘Mixtape,’ with the song ‘Beware’ as the lead track on 8 January 2018.
On 26 March 2018, Stray Kids released their debut mini-album ‘I Am Not’ with the lead single track ‘District 9.’
On 28 October 2019, JYP Entertainment announced that Kim Woo-jin had decided to leave the band after ending his exclusive contract due to personal reasons.
In August 2021, he released his debut album ‘The Moment: A Minor’ with the lead single song ‘Still Dream.’
He has lent his voice to many original soundtracks from various South Korean TV series such as ‘Because It’s You’ from ‘Let Me Be Your Knight’ (2021), ‘In the End’ from ‘Reborn Rich’ (2022), and ‘Dive’ from ‘King the Land’ (2023).
In 2017, he debuted as a contestant on JYP Entertainment and Mnet’s reality TV show ‘Stray Kids.’
In 2021, he appeared as himself in the South Korean documentary film ‘Finger Killer.’
In 2023, he portrayed the character of Adam Anderson/Eric Anderson in the theatre play ‘Sherlock Holmes: The Secret of the Andersons.’
Accused of Sexual Harassment
In September 2020, Kim Woo-jin faced accusations of sexual harassment from unidentified women on Twitter. One person said that Woojin tried to touch her and her friend despite them saying no. Another person claimed to have met Kim at a bar in April 2020 and said he got angry when she rejected him. She shared a photo of bottles of alcohol and identified Woojin as the man in the picture. Woojin denied these allegations and said he didn’t even know the person making the claims or visit the places mentioned. He took legal action against them for defamation. CCTV footage from the bar on the night in question showed that the photo was taken by one of two men at the table, neither of whom was Kim. It was also discovered that one of the accusers and the person spreading the accusations were both from Brazil. In July 2021, a documentary called ‘Finger Killer,’ released by 10x Entertainment, looked into these false allegations of sexual harassment made against Kim Woo-jin.
- 2018: Rookie of the Year at the Asia Artist Awards
- 2018: Next Leader Award at the The Fact Music Awards
- 2018: Male Rookie Award at the Genie Music Awards
- 2018: Best New Male Artist at the MAMA Awards
- 2018: New Hallyu Rookie Award Soribada Best K-Music Awards
- 2019: Groove Award and Star15 Popularity Award at the Asia Artist Awards
- 2019: New Star Award at the Asia Model Awards
- 2019: New Artist of the Year at the Circle Chart Music Awards
- 2019: Year Dance Performer at the The Fact Music Awards
- 2019: Best New Artist at the Golden Disc Awards
- 2019: Male Rookie Idol Award at the Korea First Brand Award
- 2019: Rookie of the Year at the Soompi Awards
- 2019: Rising Hot Star Award at the Soribada Best K-Music Awards
- 2019: Global Artist Top 12 and Global Rookie Top 5 at the V Live Awards
- 2023: Best Artist award at the Asia Top Awards
- Music Artist: Bruno Mars, Gaho
- Food: Tandoori Chicken, chicken with cheese
- His fandom’s name is CUBS.
- He is trained in Kendo, a modern Japanese martial arts. He can also play guitar.
- In his leisure time, he likes listening to music, playing games, and going shopping.
- On 16 May 2020, he posted a collection of his photos on social media after his first fan meeting as a solo artist. Some netizens noticed something different about his face. According to some of his fans, he had an alleged nose surgery as they found it different after they compared his fan sign meeting photos with his older pictures.
- During a live Q&A session with his fans, he revealed that had he not become a singer, he would be a music teacher or vocal trainer.
- He is a huge fan of the Indian actor Aamir Khan and his famous film ‘3 Idiots’ (2009).
- In 2022, he embarked on his first world tour titled ‘Still Dream.’
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
Let the article source Kim Woo-jin Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More of website thptbinhthanh.edu.vn