Narendra Razdan (1928-2023) was the father of Indian actress Soni Razdan and the maternal grandfather of the Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt. In 2023, he died of a lung infection at the age of 94.
Narendra Nath Razdan was born on Saturday, 16 June 1928 (age 94 years; at the time of death) in India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He studied architecture in London, England. For 10 years, he stayed away from home for his studies and became an architect.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Gray (semi-bald)
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
His wife’s name is Gertrude Hoelzer; she is German and British. He is survived by two daughters, Soni Razdan, an actress and filmmaker, and Tina Razdan Hertzke, an interior designer. Later, the couple came to India and Gertrude Hoelzer became a nursery teacher in Mumbai.
Narendra Razdan’s daughter, Soni Razdan is married to Mahesh Bhatt, an Indian filmmaker, producer, and author.
The couple has two daughters, Alia Bhatt, a famous Bollywood actress, and Shaheen Bhatt, a writer.
Narendra Razdan’s granddaughter, Alia Bhatt, got married to famous Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor in 2022.
He followed Hinduism.
He belonged to a Kashmiri Pandit family.
On 1 June 2023, he died at the age of 94 from suffering a lung infection at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai. He had been staying at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai for a while due to a lung infection. After his lung infection got worse, he was shifted to ICU.
- Narendra Razdan was an architect, who designed many buildings in Mumbai.
- He was a skilled violinist and had played all over Europe. When he was a student, he was a part of a classical Indian dancer Ram Gopal’s troupe and toured with them. He had also been praised by British violinist Yehudi Menuhin.
- In his leisure time, he used to play golf, billiards, and cricket. He also had an interest in sketching.
- In an Instagram post, Alia Bhatt revealed that he loved to cook, especially omelettes.
- His family members and close friends affectionately called him Nindi.
- In an interview, while talking about the story of how her parents met each other, Soni Razdan said,
Dad had invited someone to one of his concerts in London, and since they could not make it, they had given the passes to my mum, saying she should go backstage and thank Mr Razdan after the show. That’s when they met and he invited her for a coffee…”
- He was suffering from insomnia.
- His granddaughter, Alia Bhatt, skipped IIFA Awards 2023 as soon as she got to know about her grandfather’s critical condition. Reportedly, she was at the airport when she got the news and returned from there to be with her grandfather.
- According to Shaheen Bhatt, he consumed alcohol occasionally, especially whiskey.
- Following his demise, Alia Bhatt shared a heartfelt note on social media and wrote,
My grandpa. My hero. Played golf till 93. Worked till 93. Made the best omelette. Told the best stories. Played the violin. Played with his great granddaughter. Loved his cricket. Loved his sketching. Loved his family & till the very last moment.. loved his life! My heart is full of sorrow but also full of joy .. because all my grandpa did is give us joy & for that feel blessed and grateful to have been brought up by all the light he had to give! Until we meet again.”
Let the article source Narendra Razdan Wiki, Age, Death, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More of website thptbinhthanh.edu.vn