Rahul Mittra is an Indian film producer and actor, who mainly works in Hindi films. He is the founder of the film production companies Rahul Mittra Films and Brandsmith & Brandsmith Motion Pictures. He is known for producing the Hindi film series ‘Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster.’
Rahul Mittra was born on Tuesday, 13 October 1970 (age 52 years; as of 2022) in Chandigarh. His zodiac sign is Libra.
He studied at St. John’s High School in Chandigarh, and Modern School, Barakhamba Road in New Delhi (1987 to 1989). While studying in school, he worked as an editor at a school magazine ‘Sandesh’ and a freelance radio announcer at Yuvvani AIR. From 1989 to 1990, he did BA (Honours) in Political Science at Hindu College, University of Delhi, New Delhi. He pursued MA in International Affairs from 1992 to 1994 at the School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, MP Mittra, was an IAS officer, who died in a plane crash. His mother’s name is Sushiksha Mittra. He has two elder brothers named Vipul Mittra (IAS Officer) and Atul Mittra (chartered accountant).
Wife & Children
He is married to Sarina Mittra. The couple has a son named Reshul Mitra, and a daughter named Sara Mittra.
In March 1994, Rahul started working as a sub-editor cum reporter foreign desk at The Times of India. Apart from managing the international pages there, he wrote many articles on topics like international relations, business, politics, community issues, entertainment, the environment, and youth affairs. He also wrote a front-page story for the Delhi Times in which he revealed that regular water was being sold in mineral water bottles at the New Delhi Railway Station. Additionally, he had the opportunity to interview Manmohan Adhikari, the first Communist Prime Minister of Nepal. From May 1996 to October 1997, Rahul worked at Core Healthcare Ltd. as a senior manager of PR Russian Operations. He worked there for more than a year. In October 1997, he started working as a head of corporate communication at Travelite India. There, he played a crucial role in transforming the top inbound operator conglomerate into a corporation. In addition, he initiated a robust online marketing and promotion campaign, and become the second-largest online inbound travel operator in India. From 1997 to 1998, he provided content to prominent travel and general websites in India and other countries. In May 2000, he started working as a senior manager medianet at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group). He worked there for more than two years.
In August 2003, Rahul started a company named Brandsmith Motion Pictures. His company provides services of brand management, business advisory, corporate communication, niche events, product launches, star endorsements, in-film advertising & promotions, structured public relations, media management, strategic business alliances, conferencing & exhibitions, marketing and liaison. In July 2016, he started a film production company Rahul Mittra Films in Mumbai.
In 2011, he made his Bollywood debut as a producer with the Hindi film ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster.’ Some of his other popular films as a producer are ‘Bullet Raja’ (2013), ‘Revolver Rani’ (2014), ‘Sarkar 3’ (2017), ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3’ (2018), and ‘Torbaaz’ (2020).
In 2021, he worked as a producer for the Hindi TV miniseries ‘Osho – Laxmi.’
In 2011, he made his acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster’ in which he played the role of a chief minister. He has played small roles in various other Hindi films like ‘Revolver Rani’ (2014), ‘Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3’ (2018), ‘Torbaaz’ (2020), and ‘Holy Cow’ (2022).
In 2023, he played the role of Jagjeevan Yadav in JioCinema’s series ‘Inspector Avinash.’
Rahul has worked as a presenter in various Hindi films like ‘Main aur Charles’ (2015), ‘Zubaan’ (2015), ‘Saat Uchakkey’ (2016), and ‘The Legend of Michael Mishra’ (2016).
- 2022: Bollywood Festival Award
- 2021: Uttar Pradesh Gaurav Sammaan
- 2019: Global Film Tourism Conclave Award
- 2018: Kashmir World Film Festival Award
- 2017: Jewels of Punjab Award at Ashoka Convention Centre
- 2017: Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- 2017: Amity Leadership Award
- 2015: Best Producer Award at Vietnam Bollywood Film Festival
- 2015: Most Path-Breaking Producer at Norway Bollywood Film Festival
- 2013: Most Entertaining Thriller Film – Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns at Big Star Entertainment Awards
- 2013: Stardust Searchlight Award For Best Film
- Comic Series: The Adventures of Tintin
- In his leisure time, he loves to travel, play pin pong, and read books.
- He was once appointed as the brand advisor to the government of Arunachal Pradesh and has organised various campaigns for the state.
- He is a spiritual person and often visits various religious places.
- Rahul Mittra is often spotted smoking cigars.
- He is an avid dog lover and has three pet dogs named Leo, Butterscotch, and Romeo.
- Rahul has been invited as a chief guest at various events.
- In 2018, Rahul filed an FIR against his producer-partner Sunil Bohra regarding their 2012 film Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. Mittra claimed that Bohra had previously signed an agreement with him and director Tigmanshu Dhulia for the release and distribution of the movie. According to the FIR, after the film became a git, Bohra kept all the money for himself and also secretly sold digital and music rights. These actions were believed to be an attempt to steal and deceive. It was stated that all partners had agreed and confirmed that Bohra would receive all the income from the film, which would then be divided equally among them. Each partner was supposed to receive a 33 per cent share of the total amount generated.
- In 2020, the Delhi High Court issued an order to Google LLC, to remove the Hindi film ‘Saheb Biwi aur Gangster’ from YouTube after Rahul filed a complaint claiming that Tigmanshu Dhulia, the other producer of the film, had assigned all the rights to the film to him. He argued in his plea that the unauthorized uploading of the film on YouTube has violated his rights. He stated that this has caused significant financial loss as he is unable to sell the movie’s rights to platforms like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. The high court then sent a notice to YouTube and Google LLC, seeking their response to the lawsuit. During the virtual proceedings, the lawyer representing YouTube informed the court that YouTube is an intermediary platform and cannot be held responsible for the uploading of the movie on its platform. The lawyer also mentioned that if the plaintiff had provided the specific URL of the copyrighted material, YouTube would have taken it down. YouTube further stated that the plaintiff should have included the person or entity responsible for uploading the movie as a defendant in the lawsuit. As a result, the high court instructed the plaintiff to include the movie uploader as a defendant within five days.
Let the article source Rahul Mittra Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More of website thptbinhthanh.edu.vn