Suresh Pillai is an Indian-British chef. He appeared in the 2017 British television show ‘MasterChef: The Professionals’ aired on BBC Two as a contestant. He runs many restaurants including ‘Restaurant Chef Pillai,’ Kothu Xpress, North Rasoi, and United Coconut.
Suresh Sasidharan Pillai was born on Thursday, 2 March 1978 (age 45 Years; as of 2023) in Kollam, Kerala, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He attended GPHSS, Chavara South, Kerala, for school education.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father, Sasidharan Pillai, and mother, Radhamma, used to work as coir labourers in Kollam, Kerala.
Suresh Pillai has a brother and a sister.
Wife & Children
On 10 September 2005, Suresh Pillai got married to Remya Suresh.
The couple has a son named Sreehari Pillai, and a daughter named Aishwarya Pillai.
According to Suresh Pillai, he started selling Kambili Naranga (Pomelo) fruits in a local market when he was in sixth grade to earn some pocket money. As a teenager, he began selling roasted and whole groundnuts. In his late teens, he worked as a hotel waiter, cleaner at a temple eatery, and catering boy.
After finishing his matriculation, Suresh Pillai decided to work part-time as a cook while pursuing his pre-degree. At the age of 17 in 1993, he started working as a waiter at Chef King restaurant in Kollam. He worked there for three years before moving to Calicut to learn Malabar cooking and worked there for four years.
In 1998, Chef Pillai moved to Bangalore and began working as a chef at Coconut Groove Hotel, specializing in South Indian cuisine such as Coorgi, Chettinad, and Konkani, for six years. Later, he joined the Leela Group of Restaurants as a management trainee, followed by a stint as Sous Chef in Kumarakom.
In 2005, Suresh Pillai moved to London and worked as a chef at Veeraswamy restaurant. He then worked as an assistant chef at Purple Poppadom in Cardiff and then became the head chef at Cinnamon Culture in London. Later, he worked as an assistant chef at Gymkhana, head chef at Darbaar Restaurant, and then at Hoppers.
In 2020, he relocated to India and became the corporate chef and Culinary Director at ‘The Raviz Hotel’ in Kollam. During this time, he travelled to different countries and collaborated with various chefs on special food events. He then opened his restaurants in Germany and Portugal.
In 2017, he participated in the British reality television show ‘MasterChef: The Professionals,’ which was aired on BBC Two.
Later, he appeared on various reality television shows including Mounaragam (on Disney+ Hotstar; 2021), Flowers Oru Kodi (on Flowers channel; 2022), and Kutti Kalavara Seniors (on Flowers channel; 2022).
In 2023, Chef Pillai hosted a cooking show titled “Onnonnara Ruchi” on Zee Keralam.
In 2021, Suresh Pillai opened his own restaurant, Restaurant Chef Pillai, in Bangalore, and expanded to Kochi in 2022.
Suresh Pillai made his acting debut in the 2022 Malayalam Film ‘Cheena Trophy’ as Chef Pillai.
Suresh Pillai owns a Mercedes, Porsche Cayenne, Mahindra Bolero, and Range Rover.
- Food: Fish Nirvana, Nikkah Biriyani, Nool Porotta, Sambharam Kadumanga Panipuri, Injipuli Chicken Wings
- He also goes by the name Chef Pillai.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- During his school days, Suresh Pillai was an avid chess player who competed in state and national championships. He once won the under-18 chess championship in Kollam district.
- In 2016, he participated in the #CookforSyria campaign in Europe, raising money to help children affected by the Syrian civil war. In 2018, he joined the #CookforKerala campaign to assist flood-affected people in the region.
- Chef Pillai once mentioned during a media conversation that he was the second Malayalee to be selected for MasterChef: The Professionals on BBC Two in 2017. He said,
It was a dream come true for me to participate in MasterChef and also to be the second Malayalee chef to get selected there.”
- According to him, he never attended any formal hotel management course.
- Suresh Pillai is a passionate music lover. Once, in a media interview, he shared that he enjoyed listening to music during his free time. He also expressed his love for exploring different cuisines by travelling to far-off destinations. Suresh Pillai said,
I also like to listen to music and read whenever possible. I like watching different chefs at work, different cuisines, and different kinds of food. I also enjoy travelling to explore new ingredients and to incorporate it in our cuisine.”
- Bahamas University once invited him as a Guest Chef to teach Indian and Kerala cuisine to its students.
- Suresh Pillai likes enjoying alcoholic beverages occasionally.
Let the article source Suresh Pillai Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More of website thptbinhthanh.edu.vn