Vincy Aloshious is an Indian actress predominantly working in the Malayalam film industry.
Vincy Sony Aloshious was born as Vincy P. A on Tuesday, 12 December 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Ponnani in Malappuram, Kerala. She completed her high school studies at Bishop Cotton Convent Girls High School and then pursued a bachelor’s degree in architecture at the Asian School of Architecture.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 62 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Vincy belongs to a Christian family.
Parents & Siblings
Vincy was born to Aloshious and Sony. Her father Aloshious is a driver while her mother is a teacher. She also has a brother Vipin, who works abroad.
Film & Television
In 2018, Vincy was the second-place finisher in the talent competition show, ‘ Nayika Nayakan, ‘ aired on Mazhavil Manorama. After the show, she acted in a commercial where she played a pregnant woman alongside Manju Warrier because of her success on the show.
In 2019, she hosted a dance reality show called D5 Junior on Mazhail Manorama. Her popularity with Nayika Nayakan helped her get her first big release in 2019 in the film Vikruthi, where she played a significant role opposite Suraj Venjaramood and Soubin Shahir. She received praise for her performance as Zeenath.
In 2021, Vincy appeared in the film Kanakam Kaamini Kalaham as Shalinin, a receptionist. Many people liked her performance, but some, like Shruthi Hemachandran from Filmibeat, thought her character lacked depth at times. She also acted in another film in 2021 titled Bheemante Vazhi as Blessy opposite Kunchacko Boban. Arun George from Onmanorama thought her role was memorable. In the same year, she was part of the Karikku mini-series Kalakkachi. Additionally, she played the main character in the 2002 web series Emily, where she portrayed Emily. Critics praised her acting and versatility in this role. The New Indian Express said her transformation from a frightened woman to a psychopath was impressive, while The Times of India acknowledged her acting skills.
In the film Jana Gana Mana, she portrayed the character of Gouri Lakshmi and her performance was described as Impressive by Ancy K Sunny in her review for The Week. Sunny believed that her acting demonstrated her lasting presence in the industry. The film received both critical acclaim and performed well at the box office. She was also part of the film Solamante Theneechakal where she portrayed the role of a police officer. In 2023, Vincy portrayed the role of Rekha in the film Rekha and was awarded for her performance for the same at the Kerala State Film Awards 2023.
She also has several projects lined up for release like The Face of the Faceless, Pazhanjan Pranayam and Marivillin Gopurangal.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
Vincy won the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress at the 54th Kerala State Film Awards for her performance in the film Rekha in 2023.
- Vincy enjoys reading, watching movies, and travelling to new places.
- Vincy is quite active on social media platforms and has 402k followers on her Instagram account.
- Through her social media, it can be observed that she loves animals.
- In an interview, Vincy recalled an incident from the sets of the film Rekha where she was hospitalised during the shoot. She said,
During the shooting of the movie, I was even hospitalized. It took me ten takes before they okayed a scene where I had to throw the character ‘Kannan Mamman’ upside down on the floor like that in Judo. I was having a terrible backache after doing the scene and finally had to seek treatment. The training was given by Ashraf Gurukkal, who was the Stunt Master for the movie ‘Bheemante Vazhi.”
- For the character of Rekha, Vincy had to learn the Kasaragod-Kannur slang as the film required her to interact in the local language, as many people associated with the film were natives of the region.
- Vincy was infected with chicken pox when she applied for her debut show Nayika Nayakan and got rejected in the first audition. She was afterwards called back on the show.
- Kavya Madhavan is one of her favourite actresses and who inspired her to join the film industry.
- Abu Valayamkulam, casting director of films like, ‘Sudani from Nigeria’ and ‘Saudi Vellakka’ was the first one to recognise the acting talent in Vincy when she was taking her higher secondary classes at Kadakassery Ideal English School. Then he used to teach students Mono, Act, Mime etc. ((Manorama)
- In an interview, Vincy mentioned that she would have been an architect if she had not stumbled upon acting. She said,
I might have engaged myself in the Architecture sector in which I studied. My interest too was that. Architecture too basically is an art activity, right?
Let the article source Vincy Aloshious Wiki, Age, Family, Biography & More of website thptbinhthanh.edu.vn